We've been there too, Beyonce...

We've been there too, Beyonce...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Me, Myself, McKenna



When Kait approached me with the idea of starting this blog, I have to admit, I had mixed feelings. I've always thought of blogging as the unwanted result of Scrapbooking and the Internet drunkenly hooking up. I've never been a big fan of social networking sites like Twitter or MySpace and I've managed up till now to avoid anything arts and crafty...
So what happens when you put the two together? A whole lot of fun, as it turns out, provided you're doing it with your best friend!
Here's how she sold me on it: Its not going to be one of those 'oh my gosh I just got a new centerpiece for my kitchen! Here's a picture of my goldfish!' photo blogs that you maintain because its easier than actually keeping in touch with your extended family.
Instead, we're going to be sharing our war stories from the dating trenches, and listening to stories of our poor sisters-in-arms across the Utah Valley (and beyond!)
As an added bonus, it'll be a public service to all the dear, well-meaning, but super-awkward young men in singles wards everywhere. They can read about what NOT to do on a first date, how NOT to come off as creepy, and even get an inside look as to what is going on inside the head of the girls they take out (provided they're guys who actually CARE about what's going on inside the girl's head...I'm sure there's a minority out there who will find it helpful).
Kait tells me we'll have an 'about us' section up eventually but just to give to you a headsup on the girl behind the mask: I'm a sophomore who is officially undeclared, but unofficially leaning towards psychology/sociology.. I'm from a pretty small town south of Provo that everyone mispronounces, I'm too smart for my own good and I've got a mouth that gets me into trouble whenever it can. I LOVE sports (playing, not watching) and I'm just a little bit addicted to the gym (endorphins! yay!). Spring is my favorite season and I believe the best cure for the finals blues is a runner's high. Or ice cream.. Jury's still out.
Until next time!
-Mckenna

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun blog! I'll be back to read your stories! :)

    ReplyDelete