We've been there too, Beyonce...

We've been there too, Beyonce...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Public Service Message


Its been awhile since I last posted, and its definitely not for lack of things to talk about.  If anything, there's been too much.  I have a lot of stories to tell but I'm seeing an overall theme.  So instead of venting each story, I'd just like to take a page from early 2000's Christina Aguilera and write a little about what a girl wants.  Men, pay attention.



We want a guy with a plan.  He needs to be able to take charge, to be a leader.  All we see on TV these days are male figures who are little more than boys trapped in the bodies of men.  They're comically inept, and woefully unable to cope in the real world without their wives acting like their surrogate mothers.  

Do we want to be controlled or dominated? No.  But we do want you to make decisions.  There's nothing lamer than someone saying "Would you like to go out Friday night? Yes? Okay, awesome.  What do you want to do?"  If you can't even pick a restaurant or decide on a movie, how am I supposed to believe you're going to be able to make decisions about anything important?

I'm not sure why this started happening.  I guess guys feel like they're being nice and showing respect when they want my input on every minute detail of the date.  Don't take this out of context, either.  Just because women like a man who can make decisions doesn't mean you should go home and announce to your wife that you're moving the family to South Korea.  Big decisions should be discussed, obviously.  But there's something undeniably sexy about a guy who can say, after I've consented to go out with him,  "We'll be eating at PF Chang's and then we'll be catching a movie.  Be ready at six."  

If I have to play the 'I don't care. What do you want to do?' game one more time I might scream.

I'll get off my little soap box now.  I just really needed to get that off my chest.

-McKenna

8 comments:

  1. Pretty funny. Almost as funny as being asked out via text message... when you haven't even given the guy your number...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree - I HATE when a guy asks me out then says, "so, what do you want to do?" If YOU asked me out, YOU should have some idea! So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha this is so funny and so true. I hate the "whaddyawannado" game even with my friends. On a supposedly planned date, it is beyond horrible. Especially when they wait until after picking you up to ask you. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what happened? I just discovered this blog and its hilarious! Did you guys get married and therefore stop writing? I've got plenty of experience with horrible dating if you finally found someone and therefore have no more painful experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Sorry we've been so bad with this. Kate and I aren't roommates anymore and its been too hard to try to keep up with the blog now that we don't see each other frequently. Love to hear your horror stories, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your comments confirm what I already suspected. Women don't want a milquetoast fence-sitter like God had to color in the pre-existence.

    They want a man who will hear the word of the Lord, make the decision quickly to follow it without question, and then take charge obeying with order and exactness---and also find some way to get the wife and kids to be quiet and do it, too, without having to use unrighteous dominion.

    These are feats of strength I do not boast of lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure I understand any of that..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is amazing. I can't believe I've never seen it before. I hope you'll revive it... or get married ;). Seriously, though, come back...

    ReplyDelete